International Tax Law Firm - Thorn Law Group
Coming to the Thorn Law Group from France, Theo Michel serves as an International Tax Advisor with our firm.
Mr. Michel’s focuses on helping individuals, corporations and other entities in the U.S. and abroad develop effective tax compliance strategies and resolutions. He handles a wide variety of national and international taxation matters, including:
- Working with senior attorneys at the firm to counsel clients on how to structure and report offshore and cross-border investments in a manner that complies with tax laws.
- Devising strategies that will help clients avoid Department of Justice (DOJ) investigations, minimize their tax exposure and lower their liabilities.
- Helping individual taxpayers, businesses and other parties with unreported offshore income and assets enter the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Offshore Voluntary Disclosure Program (OVDP).
- Guiding clients through complicated Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR) processes.
- Assisting clients worldwide who hold overseas accounts, investments and other foreign assets come into compliance with Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA) reporting obligations.
- Offshore Voluntary Disclosure
- Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (FATCA)
- Foreign Bank Account Reporting (FBAR)
- IRS and DOJ Criminal Investigation
- Undisclosed Offshore Accounts Law